» 1st cycle structure
First cycle degree structure
The three-year academic course of first level is divided into a program that includes Basic compulsory, Core compulsory, Related or Additional and Elective subjects.
A variable number of ECTS - European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (Italian: CFA - Crediti Formativi Accademici) is recognized for each activity or discipline held by the student during the three-year academic course.
The Academic degree is awarded after the acquisition of 180 credits (174 CFA during the three-year course + 6 CFA in the final examination); for the achievement of credits, a number of lesson hours equal to or higher than 80% must be attended and, at the end of the course, a final ability exam must be passed. In case of formative activities that don't include a final exam, only a certificate of suitability must be obtained.
The student formulates his personal study plan according to the possibilities contained in the Tables of his course.
To view the full list of available subjects with details of identification codes, number of lesson hours, attributable CFA and names of the teachers, please consult the following formative credits and exams list (Italian):
- Educational offer
- Additional courses offered
Formative credits and exams list
||Type of educational activities
(stages, workshops, etc.)
Excerpts from the internal Rules and Regolamentation)
Ex Art. 5 (Exam commisions)
1. Exams are held before a commision that will ensure a limited public attendance within the limits of the current legislation.
2. Exam commisions, consisting of no fewer than 3 members, are appointed by the Conservatory Director. Outside experts can participate in these commisions.
Ex Art. 21 (Exams and other tests)
1. Exams can be taken, at the conclusion of the relative teaching, by the student who is in order with the compulsory attendance of each subject and the payment of taxes and contributions.
5. According to the provisions of the course regulations, tests usually result in a mark for the exams but can also consist of a suitability certificate.
6. The mark is worded with thirtieths and an exam can be passed with a mark of at least 18/30. When the candidate has obtained the highest mark, praise can be given unanimously to him.
12. The student can withdraw prior to the verbalization of the final evaluation.
13. The repetition of an already passed exam is not allowed.
Final exam may concern any subject of the attended courses. In the event that the argument doesn't belong to the area of the characterizing disciplines, the authorization of the Academic Council is necessary. The student is admitted to the final test after he has fulfilled all the obligations of the curriculum and has acquired 174 CFA
The student must agree on the subject and/or the progam of the final test with a teacher of the relative course, who will act as a relator; the appointment of the correlator is made by the Director.
If the final test concerns a theoretical or theoretical/technical subject, the exam paper must be delivered to the secretary's office al least 30 days before the exam in the number of 3 copies.
The final exam Commission, consisting of an odd number of components (at least 5), is chaired by the Director or by a delegate and is composed of the Director, the relator, the correlator and at least two components,one of those belonging to the teaching of the subject.
The final test of the instrumental area will consist of a recital or of a thesis issued by the Academic Council.
The recital program or the thesis request must be delivered to the secretary's office at least six months before the exam session, countersigned by the responsible teacher.
The final recital will last about 45 minutes and during it pieces, which will already have been presented in the instrumental exams area, can be included up to a maximum of 15 minutes.
The final test program is approved by the Coordination of the Academic Courses that will communicate their decisions to the Academic Council for the necessary supervision.
Commissions are established with the appointment of the Director.
The Grade Point Average1 and Final mark are expressed as 110ths, with possible summa cum lauda.
1 How to calculate your Grade Point Average (Ita)